How to make the most of this year’s Great Taste results fever
Vhari Russell, founder of The Food Marketing Experts and Grub Club Events, explains how both retailers and producers can capitalise on this year’s Great Taste awards…
1st AUGUST is the Great Taste results day 2019, when all but the Golden Fork winners are unveiled. It’s a really important date for producers, retailers – and the team at The Guild.
You may think it’s easier to celebrate as a winning producer, but it’s just as important as a retailer. Why? Because it gives you news and stories to share, whether about local suppliers or the award-winning national brands you stock.
• Create Great Taste displays.
• Invite producers in to sample.
• Get involved in the conversations on social media #greattasteawards.
• Contact your local radio or newspaper inviting them to come and sample the range of Great Taste products you stock.
• Host a Great Taste party at which producers sample and share their stories to help create a buzz around their product and your shop as a destination. (As Great Taste is 25 years old this year, you have an even bigger reason to celebrate).
• Create category-led displays across the shop: BBQ winners, drinks winners.
• Sample two different winners a day in August and September.
• Alert your local press and radio stations to your success.
• Call customers and tell them. “You currently stock X, but did you know Y has just won two stars in Great Taste? Would you like to try it?”
• Create recipe cards showcasing your winners.
• Weave the judges’ positive comments into your marketing. Not every product entered earns a star, so be proud of what you have achieved, and communicate it.
Read more of the latest news from Fine Food Digest here