An outpouring of praise from Great Taste judges for Monsoon Espresso
Golden Fork from East Anglia and the Midlands announced
Celebrating the very best in food and drink, Great Taste, the world’s most coveted blind-tasted food awards, has reached its grand finale for 2016. The Great Taste Golden Fork for the best food or drink in East Anglia and the Midlands was presented to Stratford-upon-Avon’s Monsoon Estates Coffee Company for its Monsoon Espresso. Described as smooth and complex with an incredibly deep and intense flavour, this “proper espresso” transported the judges to “an Italian espresso bar”.
Out of 10,000 products entered into Great Taste 2016, the Monsoon Espresso was celebrated as the best tasting product in its region at the Great Taste Golden Forks Dinner held on Monday 5 September at the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington, where over 300 guests from the world of fine food gathered to hear the results of many months of rigorous judging.
Contact: Anne Parker, +44 (0) 1789 204227, www.monsoonestates.co.uk.
The Golden Fork from East Anglia and the Midlands was sponsored by Aga Rangemaster and also nominated this year was Great Taste 3-star award-winning Cocoa Wonderland by Bakewell-based Thornbridge Brewery and National Trust Passionfruit Curd from Thursday Cottage in Colchester.
- 10,000 different products entered (Great Taste entry is capped at 10,000)
- Over 400 food and drink judges
- Judging took place across the UK and Ireland, including many sessions at the Guild HQ in Gillingham, Dorset, as well as several other Dorset venues
- This year’s Great Taste Roadshows saw Great Taste judged at Fulham Palace in London, Hotel Minella in Clonmel, Tipperary and Belfast Metropolitan College’s Titanic Quarter Campus
- 3,539 products awarded 1-, 2- or 3-star awards
- 141 awarded a 3-star
- Top 50 Foods announced in The Times on Saturday 6 August 2016
- EIGHT Golden Fork Awards for best regional food and drink
- ONE Supreme Champion