Cheese Producers’ Template Press Release
P R E S S R E L E A S E
[Name of cheese/producer] wins [Bronze, Silver, Gold or Super Gold] at World Cheese Awards 2017
[Name of producer/location] has been named among the winners at the 30th annual World Cheese Awards in London, standing out from the crowd as over 3,000 entries were judged in a single day at Tobacco Dock on Friday 17 November.
[Name of producer] was awarded a coveted [delete as appropriate – Bronze / Silver / Gold / Super Gold] award for its [name of winning cheese / short description of cheese].
With entries from a record breaking 35 different countries judged at the 30th anniversary edition of the World Cheese Awards, which formed part of this year’s Taste of London Festive Edition, [name of producer] has shined a spotlight on its cheese on this truly international stage.
[Name, company and position] explains; [your quote should go here – if you’re a first time winner, you could explain what made you decide to enter this year. If you’re a multi-World Cheese Award winner, perhaps explain how the seal of approval has added value to your business in terms of credibility, opening doors to new retailers, and ultimately increasing sales. The press will also like to hear how you’ll be celebrating with your team].
Entries made their way by road, rail, air and sea, via 12 consolidation points located in every corner of the globe, which channelled cheeses into London from nations including Australia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Columbia and South Africa. The 230-strong judging panel brought together more nations than ever before, representing six continents and 29 different countries, from South Africa and Japan to Mexico and the USA, to taste, nose and grade all 3,001 cheeses in a single day, giving Bronze, Silver, Gold and Super Gold awards to winning cheeses.
With the top 16 cheeses selected, the audience then gathered at Taste of London Festive Edition to watch the International Super Jury debate the world’s best cheeses. Made up of top names from the global curd community, featuring cheese makers, buyers, retailers and writers, including NAMES, the final panel made their cases for their chosen cheeses live on World Cheese TV, before crowning this year’s World Champion Cheese.
Taste of London Festive Edition took place at Tobacco Dock in London from 16-19 November. For more information, visit https://london.tastefestivals.com.
[Insert date of press release]
For more information: [Insert your name and contact details]
- The World Cheese Awards is organised by the Guild of Fine Food
- 2017 was the 30th anniversary edition of the competition, marked by events including The Cheese Bar serving a special Macaroni Cheese dish at Taste of London Festive Edition and award-winning gelato maker, Swoon, unveiling two limited edition cheese flavours, both using previous World Cheese Awards winnersTop of Form
- The planet’s biggest ‘cheese-only’ competition - no yoghurt, cream, butter or other dairy
- 3,001 cheeses from 35 different countries entered – including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the UK and the USA
- 230 judges from across the globe travelled from 29 different countries to nose, taste and grade the cheese
- Judging broadcasted live on World Cheese TV
- A Super Jury of 16 judges decided the final winning World Champion Cheese