Chilli and coconut charm Great Taste judges, as fiery flavours grab Golden Fork
Celebrating the very best in food and drink, Great Taste, the world’s most coveted food awards, has reached its grand finale for 2018. The Great Taste Golden Fork for the best food or drink from East Anglia was presented to Capsicana from Hitchin for its “wonderfully fruity, tangy and complex” Brazilian Chilli and Coconut Sauce. Packed with Frutescens chillies and coconut, this sauce was described as “punchy with a good heat level and huge length”, making it a “versatile” ingredient for adding to meat, fish or vegetable-based dishes.
Out of a record breaking 12,634 products entered into Great Taste 2018, the Brazilian Chilli and Coconut Sauce, which is inspired by the Brazilian fish stew, Moqueca, was celebrated as the best tasting product in its region at the Great Taste Golden Fork Dinner held on Sunday 2 September at the InterContinental Park Lane Hotel, London, where over 350 guests from the world of fine food gathered to hear the results of many months of rigorous judging.
Contact: Capsicana, Maria Barker, 01462 419447, www.capsicana.co.uk
The Golden Fork from East Anglia was sponsored by Shire Foods of Norfolk and also nominated this year was the Great Taste 3-star winning Topaz & Evelina Apple Juice from Essex-based Cotchel and a Temple Farm White Free-Range Whole Turkey from S J Frederick & Sons in Harlow, Essex.
- Great Taste is widely acknowledged as the most respected food accreditation scheme for artisan and speciality food producers
- A record breaking 12,634 different products were entered in 2018
- Over 500 of the most demanding palates, belonging to food critics, chefs, restaurateurs, cooks, producers and a host of food writers, journalists and social media influencers, blind taste each product
- Judging took place at the following locations:
- Guild HQ in Gillingham, Dorset, as well several other Dorset venues
- The Guild of Fine Food’s London home, No. 42 Southwark Street, SE1
- 192 awarded 3-star
- 1,207 awarded 2-star
- 3,254 awarded 1-star