Great Taste judges geek out on gelato, awarding Golden Fork to scientific scoop
Golden Fork from the North of England announced
Celebrating the very best in food and drink, Great Taste, the world’s most coveted food awards, has reached its grand finale for 2018. The Great Taste Golden Fork for the best food or drink from the North of England was presented to Rogue Artisan Ice Cream from Manchester for its “epic and insanely delicious” Sicilian Bronte Pistachio Ice Cream, which blew the Great Taste judges away. “Hugging the mouth” with roasted Sicilian pistachios from Bronte and a hint of sea salt, this “simply stunning” rich, smooth and “moreish” ice cream is “perfectly balanced in every way”.
Out of a record breaking 12,634 products entered into Great Taste 2018, the Sicilian Bronte Pistachio Ice Cream, which producer, Ruben Porto has been perfecting for six years using equipment designed for a science lab, was celebrated as the best tasting product in its region at the Great Taste Golden Fork Dinner held on Sunday 2 September at the InterContinental Park Lane Hotel, London, where over 350 guests from the world of fine food gathered to hear the results of many months of rigorous judging.
Contact: Rogue Artisan Ice Cream, Ruben Porto, www.rogueicecream.co.uk
The Golden Fork from the North of England was sponsored by Fine Food Show North and also nominated this year was the Great Taste 3-star winning Single-Origin Sumatran Coffee Ice Cream from Rogue Artisan Ice Cream and Panama Porton San Jose Geisha from Holmfirth-based Bewley’s.
A full list of all Golden Fork trophy winners is available from email@example.com.
- Great Taste is widely acknowledged as the most respected food accreditation scheme for artisan and speciality food producers
- A record breaking 12,634 different products were entered in 2018
- Over 500 of the most demanding palates, belonging to food critics, chefs, restaurateurs, cooks, producers and a host of food writers, journalists and social media influencers, blind taste each product
- Judging took place at the following locations:
- Guild HQ in Gillingham, Dorset, as well several other Dorset venues
- The Guild of Fine Food’s London home, No. 42 Southwark Street, SE1
- 192 awarded 3-star
- 1,207 awarded 2-star
- 3,254 awarded 1-star