Great Taste judges snap up seeded cracker
Golden Fork from London and the South East announced
Celebrating the very best in food and drink, Great Taste, the world’s most coveted blind-tasted food awards, has reached its grand finale for 2016. The Great Taste Golden Fork for the best food or drink from London and the South East was presented to The Bread Factory from London for its Seeded Cracker. Dubbed the “cracker of choice this year”, the judges loved this crisp cracker made with buttermilk, heaping praise on how each seed added its own “dimension of flavour”.
Out of 10,000 products entered into Great Taste 2016, the Seeded Cracker was celebrated as the best tasting product in its region at the Great Taste Golden Forks Dinner held on Monday 5 September at the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington, where over 300 guests from the world of fine food gathered to hear the results of many months of rigorous judging.
Contact: Jay Kotak, +44 (0) 2084 572080, www.breadltd.co.uk.
The Golden Fork from London and the South East was sponsored by Rowcliffe and also nominated this year was Great Taste 3-star award-winning Bermondsey Street Honey from London-based Bermondsey Street Bees and an Organic Pork Belly from Goodwood Estate of Chichester.
- 10,000 different products entered (Great Taste entry is capped at 10,000)
- Over 400 food and drink judges
- Judging took place across the UK and Ireland, including many sessions at the Guild HQ in Gillingham, Dorset, as well as several other Dorset venues
- This year’s Great Taste Roadshows saw Great Taste judged at Fulham Palace in London, Hotel Minella in Clonmel, Tipperary and Belfast Metropolitan College’s Titanic Quarter Campus
- 3,539 products awarded 1-, 2- or 3-star awards
- 141 awarded a 3-star
- Top 50 Foods announced in The Times on Saturday 6 August 2016
- EIGHT Golden Fork Awards for best regional food and drink
- ONE Supreme Champion