Scottish smokery lands Golden Fork with hot Kiln Roasted Salmon
Golden Fork from Scotland announced
Celebrating the very best in food and drink, Great Taste, the world’s most coveted food awards, has reached its grand finale for 2018. The Great Taste Golden Fork for the best food or drink from Scotland was presented to The Argyll Smokery from Dunoon for its Kiln Roasted Salmon. “Melting and moreish, meaty and succulent”, this “well handled” salmon is cured and smoked over oak, giving it a “lovely aroma, gentle smoke and sublime texture”.
Out of a record breaking 12,634 products entered into Great Taste 2018, the ‘outstanding’ Kiln Roasted Salmon, which is sourced off the remote West Highlands, was celebrated as the best tasting product in its region at the Great Taste Golden Fork Dinner held on Sunday 2 September at the InterContinental Park Lane Hotel, London, where over 350 guests from the world of fine food gathered to hear the results of many months of rigorous judging.
Contact: The Argyll Smokery, Karen Baxter, 01369 705286, www.argyllsmokery.com
The Golden Fork from Scotland was sponsored by Scotland Food & Drink and also nominated this year was the Great Taste 3-star winning Smoked Trout from The Argyll Smokery and Inverawe Smoked Trout from Taynuilt-based Inverawe Smokehouses.
A full list of all Golden Fork trophy winners is available from email@example.com.
- Great Taste is widely acknowledged as the most respected food accreditation scheme for artisan and speciality food producers
- A record breaking 12,634 different products were entered in 2018
- Over 500 of the most demanding palates, belonging to food critics, chefs, restaurateurs, cooks, producers and a host of food writers, journalists and social media influencers, blind taste each product
- Judging took place at the following locations:
- Guild HQ in Gillingham, Dorset, as well several other Dorset venues
- The Guild of Fine Food’s London home, No. 42 Southwark Street, SE1
- 192 awarded 3-star
- 1,207 awarded 2-star
- 3,254 awarded 1-star