Silky smooth double cream lapped up by Great Taste judges
Celebrating the very best in food and drink, Great Taste, the world’s most coveted blind-tasted food awards, has reached its grand finale for 2016. The Great Taste Golden Fork for the best food or drink in the South West was presented to Jess’s Ladies Organic Farm Milk for its Jess’s Ladies Organic Double Cream, an un-homogenised organic double cream produced in Gloucester. Described as “lush”, “summery” and “utterly delicious”, the judges couldn’t get enough of its “thick clotted cream-like texture, without coating the mouth in fat”. It was enjoyed around the table and the complex long-lasting flavour reminded the panel of “fresh pastures”.
Out of 10,000 products entered into Great Taste 2016, Jess’s Ladies Organic Double Cream was celebrated as the best tasting product in its region at the Great Taste Golden Forks Dinner held on Monday 5 September at the Royal Garden Hotel in Kensington, where over 300 guests from the world of fine food gathered to hear the results of many months of rigorous judging.
Contact: Jess Vaughan, +44 (0) 1452 720343, www.theladiesorganicmilk.co.uk.
The Golden Fork from the South West was sponsored by InkREADible Labels Co and also nominated this year was Great Taste 3-star award-winning Waddling Free free range duck eggs from The Traditional Free Range Egg Company of North Cheriton in Somerset and Longhorn Topside from Martins Meats in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
- 10,000 different products entered (Great Taste entry is capped at 10,000)
- Over 400 food and drink judges
- Judging took place across the UK and Ireland, including many sessions at the Guild HQ in Gillingham, Dorset, as well as several other Dorset venues
- This year’s Great Taste Roadshows saw Great Taste judged at Fulham Palace in London, Hotel Minella in Clonmel, Tipperary and Belfast Metropolitan College’s Titanic Quarter Campus
- 3,539 products awarded 1-, 2- or 3-star awards
- 141 awarded a 3-star
- Top 50 Foods announced in The Times on Saturday 6 August 2016
- EIGHT Golden Fork Awards for best regional food and drink
- ONE Supreme Champion