Tailored teas take trophy at Great Taste
Tea Shirt Tailored Refreshments named
Great Taste Small Artisan Producer of the Year
Celebrating the very best in food and drink, Great Taste, the world’s most coveted food awards, has reached its grand finale for 2018 and Great Taste Small Artisan Producer of the Year has been presented to Tea Shirt Tailored Refreshments from North West London. Long term partners, Andras Toth and Kriszti Nagy, who launched the business in 2016, collected the trophy on Sunday 2 September at the Great Taste Golden Fork Dinner where over 350 guests from the world of fine food gathered to hear the results of many months of rigorous judging.
Inspired by a shared desire to shake up the loose leaf tea industry by adding flavoured blends to traditional teas and packaging them in 100% biodegradable packaging, Tea Shirt Tailored Refreshments scooped Great Taste accolades for five of its products. The winners included its Great Taste 3-star Chocolate Cloud, a blend of cocoa shells and green rooibos with a “soft and really enjoyable”, sweet and nutty flavour, its 2-star Wu Lu, an expressive tea with emerald green twisted leaves, and its 1-star Mao Feng, a soft and sweet green tea.
Created by the Guild of Fine Food to nurture new artisan producers, this award is more than a trophy, as the prize includes advice and support from a team of relevant professionals to help develop this business and encourage growth.
Contact: Tea Shirt Tailored Refreshments, www.tea-shirt.co.uk
The Small Artisan Producer of the Year trophy was sponsored by Selfridges.
A full list of all Golden Fork trophy winners is available from email@example.com.
- Great Taste is widely acknowledged as the most respected food accreditation scheme for artisan and speciality food producers
- A record breaking 12,634 different products were entered in 2018
- Over 500 of the most demanding palates, belonging to food critics, chefs, restaurateurs, cooks, producers and a host of food writers, journalists and social media influencers, blind taste each product
- Judging took place at the following locations:
- Guild HQ in Gillingham, Dorset, as well several other Dorset venues
- The Guild of Fine Food’s London home, No. 42 Southwark Street, SE1
- 192 awarded 3-star
- 1,207 awarded 2-star
- 3,254 awarded 1-star