COULD THIS BE YOU?
Data & systems manager
Role based in London SE1 or Dorset SP8 – hybrid role with some working from home
The Guild of Fine Food is an events & awards organiser, magazine publisher, training provider, and trade body with a mission to support, celebrate and encourage the local and independent food and drink industry across the UK and beyond.
Working with food and drink retailers and the producers that supply them, our audience and clients range from small, artisan cheesemakers and local delicatessens to well-established food makers and forward-thinking retailers. Our network of activities is designed to promote excellence in all sectors of the trade, build closer links between producers and retailers, provide access to expert industry advice, and to give our community a voice through a variety of means and partners.
Like most things in independent food and drink, we’re expanding and we are currently looking for a dynamic data & systems manager to work across all our activities and take our data-orientated systems and processes to the next level.
We’re looking for an experienced, data professional to join our team and work across our portfolio of activities for the thriving speciality food & drink market.
Based out of either of our locations (our office and event space close to Borough Market, SE1 or our office and judging facility in Gillingham, Dorset), you be a key part of our operations and marketing team.
Your main remit will be to manage our data and work with our marketing team to use insights to engage our audience and clients across our wide range of activities, as well as play an active role in developing and testing the digital systems that run our business. Operationally, you will help manage our overall data infrastructure that supports all of our projects.
There will also be significant opportunity to be involved with the implementation of our overall digital presence and data strategy as this becomes a growing area of focus for the business.
You will be joining the Guild at an exciting time as we emerge into a new chapter of our development. Specifically, you will have responsibility for:
- Expanding the circulation of our publications
- Verification, tagging and segmentation of our current database of producers and retailers
- Continually building on our database of retailers
- Working with wider teams to develop funnel of data leads for all activities (potential trade association members, awards entrants, advertisers, magazine readers, e-newsletter subscribers and event exhibitors and attendees)
- Building data strategies to recruit, retain and engage with each of these segments
- Keeping up to date with data protection and storage requirements and ensuring that the Guild is following GDPR best practice
- Working closely with our marketing team to deliver targeted, measurable campaigns and content and to build data-driven relationships with partners
- Working with our senior management team to develop new products to benefit our clients and community and develop the data architecture within our bespoke CRM system
- Together with the marketing team, monitor database growth and trends and share these insights with wider team
We’re a small and growing business with a brilliant team who work across a broad range of activities. We’re looking for a self-motivated team player with a keen analytical mind that will take on this brand new role for the Guild and add value across the business.
If you have some of the following skills and experience – or have the ability and willingness to learn – we’d love to hear from you:
- Experience of managing and growing a B2B CRM database
- Able to manage, tag and segment data, identify gaps and new data sources
- Confidence in verifying existing data – by phone, spreadsheet analysis, research
- Understanding of marketing automation, data-driven campaigns and using insights to acquire and retain customers
- Experience of working with SMEs, subscription, or membership organisations
- Working with external partners on data-driven partnerships
- Ability to brief developers and test digital and data development projects
- Some awareness of website and database architecture
- Familiar with WordPress (or similar CMS)
- Able to report on audience engagement (knowledge of Google Analytics or similar)
- Some B2C database experience would be helpful
- Understanding of financial accounting systems is beneficial, but not necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple projects at once, work efficiently and forward plan
- Inclination to continuously test, analyse and improve
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- A team player, problem solver with ‘can do’ attitude, able to work with variety of different team members, departments & deadlines across different locations
- A love of and interest in good food & drink is definitely a bonus – you will be exposed to a lot!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Guild as we modernise some of our processes and significantly develop our digital systems and services – and in a small team, you will play a key role in this and the direction we are headed.
We are offering a competitive package, including:
- 25 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Private health insurance
- Contributory pension
- Life insurance
- Opportunities for training and development
- Exposure to a vast array of delicious independent food and drink – and the producers and stories behind these products
At the Guild of Fine Food, we are committed to creating an open and inclusive working environment. We want to offer equal opportunities for all and encourage applications from all – regardless of ethnicity, race, gender, sexuality, age or disability.
If you’re as serious about the power of a good database as we are about food and drink, send your CV, with a covering letter explaining why you think you’d be a good fit for the role and our team to Christabel Cairns
Closing date: 16th January 2022