NEW CHALLENGE FOR 2022?
Full time, office-based role in Gillingham, Dorset SP8
The Guild of Fine Food is an events & awards organiser, magazine publisher, training provider, and trade body with a mission to support, celebrate and encourage the local and independent food and drink industry across the UK and beyond.
Working with food and drink retailers and the producers that supply them, our audience and clients range from small, artisan cheesemakers and local delicatessens to well-established food makers and forward-thinking retailers. Our network of activities is designed to promote excellence in all sectors of the trade, build closer links between producers and retailers, provide access to expert industry advice, and to give our community a voice through a variety of means and partners.
Like most things in independent food and drink, we’re expanding. We’re looking for an operations coordinator to join our team and be based in our Gillingham office, to support with administrative and logistics tasks, mainly around our two awards schemes, Great Taste and World Cheese.
Based out of our Gillingham office in Dorset, you will be a key part of our operations and marketing team.
Your main remit will be to support the team with administrative and logistics tasks across all our activities, with special responsibilities during the Great Taste season (March – June) and World Cheese (Oct-Nov). In the majority this is a desk-based role, but there will be key logistics tasks that this role will cover in the warehouse, including managing the goods in process for Great Taste and supporting with sending out POS and prepping for events.
This is a significant opportunity to be involved in the hands-on running of the world’s largest food and drink accreditation scheme, Great Taste, and be one of the main points of contact between entrants and the team.
You will be joining the Guild at an exciting time as we emerge into a new chapter of our development. Specifically, you will have responsibility for:
- Supporting the ops and marketing team with administrative tasks, including (but not limited to) answering email and phone communication from customers, updating our databases and dealing with returned post
- Working on logistics tasks such as packing and sending POS, accepting deliveries and ensuring our warehouse is efficient and organised
- During the Great Taste season (March – June), you will be a key member of the logistics team, helping with product scheduling and tracking and following up with deliveries
- As a full time member of the office-based team in Gillingham, you will support with certain office facilities-related tasks
We’re a small and growing business with a brilliant team who work across a broad range of activities. We’re looking for a self-motivated team player who is organised and doesn’t mind getting stuck in on a variety of computer, phone and warehouse-based tasks.
If you have some of the following skills and experience – or have the ability and willingness to learn – we’d love to hear from you:
- High volume customer service by phone and email
- Event logistics experience – you’ll be heavily involved with the back-of-house organisation that supports our food accreditation schemes
- Experience of working with CRM systems and/or warehouse software (ideal, but not required)
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work on multiple projects at once, work efficiently and forward plan
- Process and systems-driven
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and general IT proficiency
- A team player, problem solver with ‘can do’ attitude, able to work with variety of different team members and on a variety of tasks
- A love of and interest in good food & drink is definitely a bonus – you will be exposed to a lot!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Guild as we grow our team and develop our business – and in a small team, you will play a key role in the delivery of many of our projects.
We are offering a competitive package, including:
- 25 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Private health insurance
- Contributory pension
- Life insurance
- Opportunities for training and development
- Exposure to a vast array of delicious independent food and drink – and the producers and stories behind these products
At the Guild of Fine Food, we are committed to creating an open and inclusive working environment. We want to offer equal opportunities for all and encourage applications from all – regardless of ethnicity, race, gender, sexuality, age or disability.
If you’re as serious about efficient customer service and good event logistics as we are about food and drink, send your CV, with a covering letter explaining why you are right for this role to Christabel Cairns.
Closing date: 16th January 2022