Trade course: Retail cheese
Sell more cheese!
This practical and enabling course helps retailers to increase turnover and improve the customers’ shopping experience.
Charlie Turnbull, cheesemonger & Guild training coordinator Jilly Sitch will be your teachers- focussing on coaching delegates through every step of selling and caring for cheese. The aim is to educate and enthuse those who buy and sell cheese, and is a must for all independent retailers and their team.
Capitalise on the two major differences between independent fine food retailers and the supermarkets: the best selection of quality cheese and staff who can talk intelligently to customers about them.
This one day course running from 09:30 – 17:00 starts by going ‘back to basics’ and begins with an overview of cheese, what it is, what’s in it, and how it’s made. The course will help you to:-
- Enhance your understanding of the cheese making process
- Recognise the main families of cheeses
- Understand the impact of terroir has on cheese
- Learn how to select, display, sell & care for cheese
- Comparatively taste over 40 types of cheese
- Talk to your customers confidently and competently
- Sell more cheese proactively rather than reactively
The course ends with a practical session on cutting, slicing and wrapping cheese, plus valuable advice on how to engage with your customers and SELL MORE CHEESE!
For more information or to book,
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1747 825200 x 609.