Trade course: Retail cheese
About this event
A one-day course for independent retailers and their teams who are involved in sourcing, buying and selling cheese.
Suitable for all levels of experience, this course will help new staff get to grips with their role and inspire more experienced staff to engage more with customers and refresh their skills and product knowledge.
- Discover how to taste and identify different cheeses
- Gain confidence in knowing what to stock
- Improve product knowledge leading to more selling opportunities
- Find out how to educate and build rapport with customers
- Master the art of what makes a good cheese board
- Learn how to cut, wrap and keep cheese
- Acquire practical skills to increase cheese sales
This course will be presented by two experts in this field, Patrick McGuigan & Emma Young.
Patrick is a food journalist and cheese writer, who contributes to the Telegraph, The FT and delicious. magazine. He is the author of The Philosophy of Cheese and hosts regular cheese talks, tastings and training courses.
A regular judge at the World Cheese Awards, Patrick is a co-founder of the British Cheese Weekender festival.
Emma has worked in the cheese industry for the past 12 years making, selling and writing about cheese.
She is a regular judge at the World Cheese Awards and she runs her own company, advising cheese businesses and cheesemakers as well as educating on her Instagram page @thecheeseexplorer following her global cheese travels.