Sell more cheese!
This practical and enabling course helps retailers to increase turnover and improve the customers’ shopping experience.
The course was revamped in 2015 with two new instructors – Charlie Turnbull, cheesemonger & Guild training coordinator Jilly Sitch – and a new focus on coaching delegates through every step of selling and caring for cheese. The aim is to educate and enthuse those who buy and sell cheese, and is a must for all independent retailers and their team.
Capitalise on the two major differences between independent fine food retailers and the supermarkets: the best selection of quality cheese and staff who can talk intelligently to customers about them.
This one day course running from 9am – 5pm starts by going ‘back to basics’ and begins with an overview of cheese, what it is, what’s in it, and how it’s made. The course will help you to:-
- Enhance your understanding of the cheese making process
- Recognise the main families of cheeses
- Understand the impact of terroir has on cheese
- Learn how to select, display, sell & care for cheese
- Comparatively taste over 40 types of cheese
- Talk to your customers confidently and competently
- Sell more cheese proactively rather than reactively
The course ends with a practical session on cutting, slicing and wrapping cheese, plus valuable advice on how to engage with your customers and SELL MORE CHEESE!
Download an application form here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0)1747 825200 x 609.